SA Blog’s handy guide to Bloemfontein Airport.
DOWNLOAD OUR TRAVEL GUIDES
- Airport code: BFN
- Street Map: Click here (then zoom out)
- Floor plan: None available, nor needed
- General info: +27 (0) 51 407 2240
- Flight info via telephone: +27 (0) 86 727 7888
- Flight info via SMS/text: Send flight number to 35007.
- Hired/Rented cars: Inside the airport (I think).
- Wifi? No
- Former & alternate names: JBM Herzog, Lughawe (Afrikaans for “Airport”).
- Free carts? Yes
- Porters? Available
- Porter tip? R5 per bag.
- Curbside drop-off/pick-up allowed? Yes
- Parking? No info available, tell me different, or remind me to check again
- Disabled-friendly? Moderately
Bloemfontein Airport is traditionally a home-away-from-home for intrepid business travellers with affairs in the Free State – as evidenced by the fact that only the country’s most expensive carrier, SAA, flies there. If you’re not such a traveller, but find yourself en route to Bloem anyway, fear not. The airport’s as simple as it seems (unlike most other simple-seeming things).
GRJ Domestic Airlines:
- South African Airways: +27 (0) 51 408 4840