South African Airways is the national carrier of the country and offers flights to South Africa from Europe and the US (and other countries in Africa), as well as competitively priced flights within South Africa.
Direct routes include:
- Bloemfontein to Cape Town, East London, Durban, Port Elizabeth, Johannesburg
- Cape Town to Bloemfontein, East London, Johannesburg, Durban, George, Kimberley, Maputo, Port Elizabeth, Nelspruit
- Durban to Bloemfontein, Cape Town, East London, George, Johannesburg, Port Elizabeth
- East London to Bloemfontein, Cape Town, Durban, Johannesburg, Port Elizabeth
- George to Cape Town, Durban, Johannesburg
- Hoedspruit to Johannesburg
- Johannesburg to Bloemfontein, Cape Town, Durban, East London, George, Hoedspruit, Kimberley, Maputo, Nelspruit, Phalobrwa, Palokwane, Port Elizabeth, Victoria Falls
- Kimberley to Cape Town, Johannesburg
- Maputo to Cape Town, Durban, Johannesburg
- Nelspruit to Cape Town, Durban, Johannesburg
- Polokwane to Johannesburg
- Port Elizabeth to Bloemfontein, Cape Town, Durban, East London, Johannesburg
- Victoria Falls to Johannesburg
Payment can be made by credit card and your must show the card before boarding. The average cost of a round trip flight between Johannesburg and Cape Town is about 2500 Rand.
For flights within South Africa, each passenger is allowed 2 pieces of 23 kg (50lb) each and maximum dimensions of 158 cm (62 inches) each for checked baggage and one piece of cabin baggage not exceeding 115 cm and 8 kg in weight.
South African Airways operates a variety of planes, including A340-600, A340-200, B737-800, depending on the route.
Meals and drinks
Passengers in premium cabins will have a choice of four gourmet meal options, served with South African wines. On short haul flights, passengers can purchase food and drink on board.
Photo by Xevi V