I’m about to set off on an adventure to South Africa. I’m completey prepared, with a press trip itinerary and packing tips, and yet I’m utterly unprepared for what this adventure will bring.
Thanks to South African Tourism, I’m one of five bloggers who will, over the course of roughly two weeks, experience the best that South Africa has to offer. I’ll be posting photos and video of the trip along the way, so be sure to follow along with @SouthAfricaBlog on Twitter and at the WhyGo South Africa page on Facebook, but here’s a sample of what you can expect to hear more about during my two-week trip.
- Getting up close and personal with African penguins in Cape Town
- Taking in the views from Table Mountain
- Enjoying a meal at Africa’s finest restaurant in South Africa’s Winelands
- Checking out hippos from an evening river cruise in St. Lucia
- Staying at the luxurious Phinda Private Game Reserve’s lodge
I begin my journey (and it’s a long one) from New York to South Africa on December 4th, arriving on the 5th. All five bloggers will have a slightly different experience during the trip, so to stay tuned to what all of us are getting up to – including microlight flights and cage diving with sharks – be sure to follow the #VisitSouthAfrica hashtag on Twitter. And don’t forget to check out Visit South Africa on Facebook.