SA Blog’s handy guide to Umtata Airport.
DOWNLOAD OUR TRAVEL GUIDES
- Airport code: UTT
- Street Map: None available, but click here for a map of Umtata.
- Floor plan: None available, nor needed.
- General info: +27 (0) 47 536 0121
- Flight info via telephone: Phone individual airline (see below).
- Flight info via SMS/text: Send flight number to 35007.
- Hired/Rented cars: Inside the airport (I think).
- Wifi? No
- Free carts? No
- Porters? Available
- Porter tip? R5 per bag.
- Curbside drop-off/pick-up allowed? Yes
- Parking? No info available, tell me different, or remind me to check again sometime.
- Disabled-friendly? Moderately
As far as SA Blog can tell, this is the only guide to Umtata Airport on the web (try and find another which lists the airport manager’s office number!) – giving you an indication of its importance in the grand scheme of things. (The airport, not, erm, SA Blog.)
In view of its proximity to the Wild Coast, however, Umtata Airport definitely merits an entry of its own. The Wild Coast is quite remote from SA’s major centers, and any means of cutting down commute time en route to unhurried holiday bliss is to be welcomed.
UTT Domestic Airlines:
- South African Airlink: +27 (0) 47 536 0023