Television came late to South Africa – the small screen only flickered to life here in 1976 – and so it’s just now growing up. There are four channels with a national footprint, two of which broadcast in English, plus a multitude of subscription stations.
DOWNLOAD OUR TRAVEL GUIDES
- Public television (English broadcasts): SABC 3 | ETV
- Subscription television (Engilsh & Afrikaans broadcasts): MNet | DSTV
- Best weekly TV guide: Sunday Times Magazine (comes with each Sunday Times newspaper)
- Best daily TV gude: Cape Argus (Cape Town) | The Star (Johannesburg) | The Mercury (Durban)
- Best SA TV programs: click here.