SA Blog’s handy guide to George Airport.
DOWNLOAD OUR TRAVEL GUIDES
- Airport code: GRJ
- Street Map: Click here (then zoom out)
- Floor plan: None available, nor needed
- General info: +27 (0) 44 876 9310
- Flight info via telephone: +27 (0) 86 727 7888
- Flight info via SMS/text: Send flight number to 35007.
- Hired/Rented cars: In a small kiosk outside the airport.
- Wifi? No
- Alternate name: Lughawe (Afrikaans for “Airport”).
- Free carts? Yes
- Porters? Available
- Porter tip? R5 per bag.
- Curbside drop-off/pick-up allowed? Yes
- Parking? Free, uncovered
- Disabled-friendly? Yes
The town of George, in the heart of the Western Cape’s Garden Route, is about halfway between Cape Town and the Nelson Mandela Metropole (NMMM – a.k.a. Port Elizabeth). Many visitors flying into George are headed for nearby Knysna, the region’s famous lagoon village, just over an hour’s drive away.
George airport is small, clean, and very efficient. You’ll hardly recall passing through it once you’ve hit the road!
GRJ Domestic Airlines: