Send in your alternative health tips!
The state of alternative health in South Africa is, well, healthy. Homeopaths and Naturopaths abound, as do specialist health shops – and pharmacies are increasingly joining the act, too, stocking various natural remedy ranges.
DOWNLOAD OUR TRAVEL GUIDES
Unfortunately, the alternative health community here does not benefit from online cohesivity, so it’s difficult to present links with good overviews. However, here are some alternative health tips to point you in the right direction:
- Homeoforce is probably the most popular line of homeopathic tissue salts in SA, while there are a half-dozen popular tincture brands.
- In Cape Town, A. White Chemist, at 61 Plein Street in the city center (map), manufactures its own range of vitamins and natural remedies. Tel: +27 (0) 21 465 3332.
- Shop online for health products at HealthProducts.co.za.
- Find a homeopath:
- Yellow Pages (also use to find a health product store)
- Homeopathic Association of SA (useless website; contact the HSA directly on +27 (0) 861 111 4547 or firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Best acupuncture in Cape Town: click here.