SA Blog challenges local botany enthusiasts to build a good info site on fynbos, which avoids Latin, hideous background graphics, etc., and does the beauty of the Cape Floral Kingdom a modicum of justice. Meantime, we must live with these sites:
- Living Fynbos, the best of the lot – doesn’t actually deserve to be called wretched – with good pics and up-to-date news.
- University of the Western Cape’s Dept. of Biodiversity, enthusiastic but quite hideous.
- Western Cape Schools Network, last updated in 1997.
- Fine Bush People. Fynbos seed store for gardens – NOT a political site!
- Steve Lonker’s site. SA gardening tips from Wash, DC – !
- PlantzAfrica, an offshoot of the National Botanical Institute of SA; and
- The NBI itself, best known for its Kirstenbosch Gardens, one of the top tourist destinations in Cape Town. Take the fynbos virtual tour.