The coming World Cup in Germany might be the chief source of pain for SA soccer lovers now, but it also presents the perfect chance for self-experimentation with aversion-aversion therapy. This new technique – in which massive exposure to a once-beloved, but now ruined spectacle brutally overwhelms the senses and rekindles the original passion – has been pioneered with SA Blog in partnership with its sister site, WorldCupBlog.org.
Soccer is front, center and everywhere in between at WorldCupBlog.org. There is no shortage of amazing things happening there, to nudge stricken South Africans gently back off the “recovered soccer addict” wagon. Here are a few samples from this week alone:
DOWNLOAD OUR TRAVEL GUIDES
- In England, 20-year-old Wayne Rooney inked a deal to write 5 books about his life. Should be quite the read given Mr. Rooney’s long, storied and somewhat literate life.
- While visiting the United States for a friendly match, some Japanese players were slightly dismayed by the thought of being served mad cow.
- The talk in Mexico is about the coach’s decision to use hypnosis on his players.
- While in France, the coach is more of a believer in consulting the stars.
- Using the latest in image recognition, WorldCupBlog.org has determined the celebrities who most closely resemble some of the World Cup’s biggest stars.
With 34 blogs detailing all the dirt on teams from Angola to Ukraine, WorldCupBlog.org is helping sober South Africans plunge back into total soccer inebriation like nothing else!