Cape Town is getting it from all sides this week:
- A fire in Muizenberg that threatened homes.
- Power failures ad nauseum.
- A post-election political morass.
A mini-heat wave!
DOWNLOAD OUR TRAVEL GUIDES
- The temperature in the city is expected to reach 40 degrees Celsius today, with a discomfort index of 47 degrees. That’s 104 and 117 degrees Fahrenheit, respectively.
These temps are pretty darn hot for Cape Town, and the rising mercury is accompanied by a warning of “very dangerous” UV ray levels. If you’re outside, wear sunscreen in large quantities and try to keep to the shade; if you’re indoors, hug the AC unit until the power goes out. Conditions are expected to improve tomorrow, with the city’s max temperature predicted at 26 C / 78 F.
- SA Weather Service Cape Town info: click here.